This northwestern residential suburb of Chicago is located in Cook County, Illinois. Its motto is “Where Quality is a Way of Life”
Palatine is part of a Community Consolidated School District 15 (CCSD15) for the public elementary schools and Township High School District 211 for Public high schools. Numerous awards have been given to District 15 and District 211. There are two high schools that service the Palatine area: Palatine High School on the northeast side and William Fremd High School on the southwest side. Additionally there is a community college, William Rainey Harper College. National honors have been received for the high schools and the college.
There are four private schools:
- St Therese (Catholic)
- St. Thomas of Villanova (Catholic)
- Immanuel Lutheran (Lutheran)
- Quest Academy (not affiliated with a church –independent)
The Palatine Park District operates three swimming pools (Family Aquatic Center, Birchwood, and Eagle) for its residents as well as two recreational centers (Community Center & Birchwood). Planning is currently underway for a third rec center at Falcon Park.
Restaurants-Tried & True
Fortune Kookie, 570 N. Smith St., Palatine---great service and nice choices
Heng Wing, 121 W. Palatine, Rd, Palatine---wonderful egg rolls and friendly place
- Durty Nellies, 180 N. Smith, Palatine—sometimes live entertainment & definitely summer fun place with outdoor eating.
- Brandt's-The Little Cafe-807 W. Northwest Hwy, - great hamburgers
- Red Apple Pancake House & Cafe , 2121 South Plum Grove Rd, Palatine- great breakfast & lunch